Winter Camping, is your forced air heater ready?
For those of us who love spending time outdoors, winter can be a tough season. It's cold, it's dark, and it can be difficult to find ways to stay entertained. But with a little preparation, winter camping can be a blast! In this post, we'll talk about how to make sure your forced air heater is ready for the winter camping season. Trust us, you don't want to be stuck in the cold!
1. Change your fuel- Diesel fuel can gel over time so top it up with some fresh diesel or kerosene (if you have a planar/autoterm heater)
2. Inspect your heating system for any leaks, check fuel lines, ducting, and the electrical to make sure there are no crimps and the fuses are sitting properly.
3. Check the bolts holding your heater in place!
4. Crawl under you vehicle or camper and make sure the exhaust ducting and air intake are clean and clear of debris.
5. Test your batteries with a multi meter and make sure there holding a charge.
6. Test your carbon monoxide detectors.
By taking these simple measures you can ensure your diesel heater will work when you need it most and help extend your camping season into the colder months. What's your favourite winter camping spot? Let us know in the comments below!
Curious about purchasing a diesel heater, check out our great line up of fantastic heater by Autoterm!